What is Aerial Yoga?
In VaihAyasa Aerial Yoga a soft fabric hammock, supporting up to 1000 pounds, is suspended a few feet off the ground and is used to move through traditional and non-traditional Hatha Yoga poses. Used as a prop, the hammock assists alignment, deepens awareness and provides immediate benefits of spinal decompression. With the weight of the body partially or fully supported along with the help of gravity and the fabric, space is naturally created in the body without effort.
We are now taking reservations . Reserve your spot today by calling your nearest Future Fitness Centers location.
The aerial hammock is a structural fabric that is connected from two overhead points. It acts like a swing or soft trapeze. The aerial hammock is utilized to change one’s dynamic relationship to the ground, allowing the student to better understand their body and use physical strains like gravity to their advantage.
Benefits of VaihAyasa Aerial Yoga
• Move more fluidly
• Attain proper alignment naturally
• Decompress the neck & spine
• Less pressure on hands, neck, shoulders & joints
• Achieve more advanced postures while being supported
• Allows gravity to deepen stretches
• Enhance, deepen, & advance your floor practice
• Have fun while you strengthen & lengthen