Infant Swimming Resource (ISR)
Babies as young as 6 months can learn ISR techniques, including how to hold their breath under water, turn onto their backs, and float unassisted should they accidently fall into a pool.
Children 1 to 6 years old are taught to expand this into a swim-float-swim sequence – learning how to hold their breath underwater, swim with their head down, roll onto their back to float, rest, breathe, and roll back over to continue swimming until they reach the side of the pool, can crawl out of the water or be rescued by an adult.
Children also learn how to master ISR Survival Skills, first in a bathing suit, then fully clothed, because most water accidents happen when children are in clothes.
ISR lessons focus on safe, one-on-one training by ISR certified Instructors who customize the program to the abilities of each student. ISR is the leading behavioral-based approach to teach ISR Self-Rescue® skills, using techniques that are developmentally appropriate for your child.
- Every day, at least 55 children in the U.S. reach the water unsupervised and end up in a potential drowning situation.
- Of all children who drown, 63% are of ages 4 years and under. Drowning can occur in as little as 1 inch of water.
- A child will lose consciousness approximately 2 minutes after submersion. Irreversible brain damage occurs after 4-6 minutes.
- Watching your children is not enough to protect them from every hazardous water situation. Teaching children survival swimming skills provides an extra layer of protection.
- Learning to roll onto their backs and float unassisted is crucial for survival. There are over 800 documented cases of students saving themselves using their ISR Self-Rescue® skills.
- ISR has a worldwide network of certified Instructors and has delivered more than 7 million safe lessons.
ISR lessons are recognized as the world’s safest provider of survival swimming lessons for children 6 months to 6 years of age. ISR designed its proprietary methodology for you: parents who are dedicated to their child’s safety, education, and developmental needs. We have invested 48 years in your child’s ability to play safely in and around the water – because we recognize that parents need their children to feel comfortable around the water – while lowering the risk of drowning. With a focus on safe, customized, one-on-one training delivered exclusively by certified Instructors, Infant swimming lessons emphasize health, continuous program evaluations, and parent education unlike any other swim instruction program.
Family Aquatic Safety
- Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death for children between the ages of 1 and 4
- 88% of young drowning victims were under some form of supervision at the time of the incident
- Maintain constant, eyes-on, uninterrupted supervision
- Never leave a child alone near any body of water, not even for a second
- Install permanent four-sided fencing that encloses the entire pool area with a self-closing, self-locking gate
- Install high locks and alarms on ALL doors and windows that lead to the pool, including utility and pet doors
To date, ISR has delivered more than 19,000,000 ISR Self-Rescue Lessons. ISR believes in multiple layers of defense against aquatic accidents which include pool fences, alarms, and active adult supervision. However, traditional lines of defense break down, and the over 4,000 drowning deaths per year bear a grim testament to the fact that traditional approaches are missing a key component: the child.
At ISR, your child’s safety is our first priority. Each survival swimming lesson is uniquely tailored to your child’s needs based on a comprehensive assessment and continual monitoring of your child’s health and skill attainment. We understand that every child learns at his or her own pace, and accordingly, your child will be gently guided through each skill level based on his or her level of development and readiness.
Every ISR Instructor worldwide completes an 8-week intensive academic and in-water training Program before they are certified to offer ISr Survival Swim program. Once certified, ISR Instructors are recognized as highly skilled, precise aquatic behavior specialists, who understand the unique cognitive, intellectual, and physical development dynamics of young children. Understanding the behaviors of children in the water allows each Instructor to respond with ISR’s proprietary technique, and provide the safest and most effective lesson for each child.
It only takes a few minutes for a child to drown or sustain serious, life-altering injuries. Children, as young as 6 months of age, can learn to save themselves in a drowning situation by using ISR’s Self-Rescue® technique. Before your baby can feel confident and safely enjoy the water, he or she must first learn the skills needed for survival. Unlike other swimming programs, ISR combines safe swimming lessons with lifesaving skills that teach your child to survive in the water.
It’s a familiar story that most of us have heard or read about: A toddler somehow slips away from his parent’s watchful eye. Nobody notices the child wandering to the edge of the water, and we all know the ending… Or do we?
Toddlers, even babies, can learn how to save themselves from an unexpected water encounter. Imagine: a baby who falls in the water and doesn’t drown. Infant Swimming Resource (ISR) are the safest providers of survival swimming lessons that are proven to save lives.
For more information contact:
Lessons offered in Medford and Mullica Hill
Please visit www.infantswim.com for more information