At Kennedy Fitness & Wellness, we are dedicated to providing you with the future of fitness, wellness, healing and prevention. Few other facilities in our industry offer such a wide variety of unique classes and programs. Regardless of what type of athletic or health objectives you have in mind, whether it be losing weight, improving cardiovascular, gaining muscle mass, or something else entirely, our Mt. Laurel gym has something that will suit your individual goal.
With spring just around the corner, many people want to get back in shape, which as noted earlier, can mean something different to each person. Here are five basic tips to get in better shape for the nicer weather ahead.
- Identify your goal. Do you want to lose fat? Do you want washboard abs? Do you want bigger arms? You can’t achieve your goal if you don’t know what it is. Once identified, you can speak to one of our many friendly experts or research on your own to determine how to best achieve said goal.
- Diet, but EAT. A healthy diet is vital when it comes to gaining muscle, losing fat and living healthy in general. Some people make the mistake of not eating enough because they are trying to lose weight which is just that, a mistake. You need to fuel your body before you work out and recover properly afterward. As always, be sure to stay hydrated. We offer free nutritional counseling that can help you with this step.
- Sleep. We run busy lives and sometimes getting enough sleep is difficult. Make it a priority because your body recovers while it sleeps. With all of the exercise, your body will need the extra recovery time.
- No excuses, play like a champion! Once your goal is identified, make a plan and stick to it. Don’t make excuses for skipping the gym. Find time. If you really can’t get there, find another way to be active. Does your office have stairs? Use them. Go for a walk or a run. Do you have six square feet of floor space in your home? Of course, you do, so do push-ups or crunches.
- Push yourself. If you’re new to the gym, then it’s wise to take things slowly and make sure you know what you’re doing. Taking on too much at first is an easy way to hurt yourself. Once you get comfortable and familiar with the exercises and the equipment, push yourself! Don’t get stuck in the same mundane routines and simply go through the motions. You did three sets of 12 reps last time? Do an extra set or do four extra reps on the last set. Did you curl 30 lb dumbbells last week? Try 35 pounds this time.
Feel free to stop by one of our seven fitness centers located in Voorhees and across South Jersey to get started today! Call 1-800-875-2720 to learn more.